Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Damage..

Discussion in 'RUMBA' started by Uri. F, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

HI
    I got my package yesterday and it is looking just GREAT.
    However, there is damage to the End stop pins, I took some pictures as you can see at the attached file.
    I downloaded and install the USB driver and then I connected the RUMBA to my computer with the supplied USB cable but nothing happen.

can you please help me?

Attached Files:

2. Grant

Grant New Member

Hello i had the same "Problem" if u look next to the X driver there is a jumper that says "bottem" USB POWER and it is set by dafault to "top" STAND ALOWN Just move the jumper and it will be ALIVE

3. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

Grant, you are my HERO!
    Thank you sooo much :)

4. Grant

Grant New Member

any time how about a pic of your printer i have almost finished my Hybrid Mendel90 it is a full Aluminum Hardware with mdf base and supports
    [​IMG]

5. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

i'm at the beginning of my very first 3d printer project, it is going to be a Rostock \ Delta robot with "direct drive" design like HERE
    I will go step by step with the build and i'll upload pictures as i make progress. motors and some other parts are on the way.. hopefully soon. cant wait :(

is this your first project too?

6. Grant

Grant New Member

this is my first 3D printer but i have build cnc Machines before more of a hobby are u ordering the parts for the delta or hand manufacturing
    The Delta will be, I believe my third printer the next one I want to build will be my own design I want to make it super easy to build.
    My CNC is down because of a massive power serge a short time ago it took out the controler pc and drivers i am very sad but i will fix it soon
    2012-09-03 15.00.13.jpg

7. Grant

Grant New Member

Why not try one like this it looks a little easier to build

RepRapDiscount likes this.
  8. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

Sorry for your cnc table, by what i could see i very well built!
    as 4 3d printers, i'm looking around and i see stuff like Form1 and or those DLP printers and i love the high resolution result.:)
    However, now I got those led lights on, and this make me very happy, thanx to you' tomorrow i will find my way how to install it, hopefully :)

9. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

for me, most of the fun is to develop my view of the robot, and i agree, we have to keep it as simple as we can, and i think that me design will use fewer parts then the Rostock without giving up stability.

10. Grant

Grant New Member

cool would love to see it when it is working

11. RepRapDiscount

RepRapDiscount Administrator Staff Member

i seen your picture, the endstop pins are minimal bended, this is not a damage, however, you have warranty with us, we can refund you any time and you can return the item if you are not satisfied with it. We keep our promise, please don't worry, you are safe with us.

We give our best to pack the things as secure as possible, but i think this bended pin come from our testing process and not due the transportation.

12. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

hi
    i think it's the best deal ever and first class service, I did felt safe with you all way long as one of the first backers and still do.:)
    i fixed the those pins and set up the jumper to the usb mode and the board lit up but keep disconnect all time on and off by the cable.. so i cant install anything yet,
    i'll try to get a new cable and i will test it again.
    any suggestions?

13. RepRapDiscount

are you using the mini usb cable included in your package, or are you using another mini usb cable?

14. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

i'm using the mini usb cable included in package you sent me

15. RepRapDiscount

do you have some other usb cable, maybe from some external HDD? try with this, if this still blink try with my cable but with another computer, and if after this still blink, i think i must exchange it because i cannot figure out why the board behaviour like that

16. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

Good news
    I bought a new cable and the board is working fine. also the driver installed mo problem

Thank you

17. gannon

gannon New Member

Same here, the included USB cable did not work (it would allow the power led to blink blue once, but not power the board). I'm currently using a cable I had on hand.
    Also, the X axis minimum endstop signal pin on my board didn't have a header on it. I just added one to get it up and running.

18. RepRapDiscount

i would like to thank you for the fix, please contact me by PM

19. RepRapDiscount

i bought the usb cables from a 3rd party supplier, they looks good, i never thought there are around 20% damaged which is unacceptable

20. Uri. F

Uri. F New Member

As far as I can tell the cable problem is at the end connected to the computer which is quite loose