Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

EEPROM issues

Discussion in 'RUMBA' started by kknapp, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kknapp

kknapp New Member

I have the Rumba up and running with Marlin(lastest from github) without EEPROM_SETTINGS enabled, and it seems to work great. BUT i want to enable access to the EEPROM to make calibration easier. When I enable it the board seems to malfunction, M503 displays nothing and all the steps per millimeter are no longer even close to what I have coded in Marlin. The board also drops the USB port randomly when EEPROM_SETTING is enabled. If I turn eeprom back off it starts to work properly again. Is there a way for me to get access to the eeprom?

2. BubbleRep

BubbleRep Administrator Staff Member

could you post your configuration.h and the output you get in pronterface with M501 and M503?

BR
    BubbleRep

3. kknapp

kknapp New Member

I've attached at copy of my configuration.h(had to add a .txt to upload it) the follow it what pronterface returns with the requested commands.

Connecting...
    start
    Printer is now online.
    echo: External Reset
    Marlin 1.0.0
    echo: Last Updated: Feb 16 2013 14:30:31 | Author: Ken Knapp
    Compiled: Feb 16 2013
    echo: Free Memory: 4511 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
    echo:Stored settings retreived:
    echo:SD card ok
    >>>M501
    SENDING:M501
    echo:Stored settings retreived:
    >>>M503
    SENDING:M503

That's it M503 displays nothing else, no errors no output

Attached Files:

4. BubbleRep

BubbleRep Administrator Staff Member

modifiy
    Code:
    //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT
    to
    Code:
    #define EEPROM_CHITCHAT
    and try again

BR
    BubbleRep

5. kknapp

kknapp New Member

Well that worked to get output from M503, but it is not defaulting to the steps per millimeter from the Configuration.h file DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT when reflashing an updated firmware. It also still keeps dropping the USB randomly when I just leave it connected. I have "Watch" checked in pronterface but issuing no other commands after a few minutes the USB port just drops out and reconnects on a different port or just stops communicating

6. pomalin

pomalin Member

What OS do you use ?

7. kknapp

kknapp New Member

I run Debian on the system I run pronterface on. The USB issue was related to a bad cable, swapped it out with a different one and the issue has stop.

The issue with the EEPROM not being cleared/reset when I flash an update of the firmware is still happening any ideas?

8. pomalin

pomalin Member

can't help on this for the moment because on gnu/linux with a ich7 chipset on my computer I don't enable eeprom or I have troubles communicate with the board (a taurino power with ramps, but it appear to be almost analog to the rumba since it use the same chip).