Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

[Help] Rumba power polarity

Discussion in 'RUMBA' started by Pablo Gil, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Pablo Gil

Pablo Gil New Member

Hello,
    Today I sadly had the idea to update the cable that goes from the DC power to the Rumba board, I switched the polarities by error and when I turned on the printer I saw a smoke puff. Quickly I turned it off, found the reversed cables and placed them correctly.
    Now the LCD does not lights up, the board does not show any other light blinking or on. I have checked the Rumba board and I can see a small black cube marked with an "M7" burned:
    [​IMG]
    Did you have a similar issue in the pass and there is any quick solution to fix the board?
    Could anyone point me out what this small thing is in order to try to buy a new one and solder it?
    I hope I can fix it instead of having to buy a new one... I'm so sad about it because before everything worked flawlessly.
    Thanks in advance =(

2. Pablo Gil

Pablo Gil New Member

Today I'm happy again, I solved it!

It was the D6 diode as shown in Rumba schematics. I went to an electronic store and they sold me a generic diode that works for 24-35V. I desoldered the burned one, soldered the new diode and voila, it seems everything works perfectly so, if anyone connect by error the DC cables with the incorrect polarities it will surely burn the D6 diode, in fact, I guess it is designed to protect the rest of the board, of course, burning itself but cutting the connection between the power supply and the Rumba board; and so, the solution is to remove the burned one and solder a new one (it only cost 5 cent of euro).

=)