Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

How do the rumba supplied hall effect end stops work?

Discussion in 'Reprapdiscount aftersales Support' started by stephen.jensen3, Apr 20, 2013.

1. stephen.jensen3

stephen.jensen3 New Member

Hi there,
    I am just getting around to setting up my rumba indie gogo kit that has hall effect end stops and am having some issues getting it to work. It appears from your wiring kit that I am supposed to plug in the cable to the board and then solder the pins to the switch itself, right? I soldered them to the +5, ground and signal(not stop) terminals and then plugged that into the -Z board. When I move a south pole magnet close by it seems to activate but only when it is right up against the hall effect sensor. I tried playing around with rotating the potentiostat and sometimes the led will turn green but that does not correlate with the end stop being activated.

What am I doing wrong here? It makes me uncomfortable making the end stop activate when it is right up against the magnet and I know that isn't what is supposed to happen.

Thanks!

2. RUMBA dancer

RUMBA dancer Administrator Staff Member

The endstop is triggered when the magnet comes close to the flat area of the sensor.

Also make sure to use the magnets correct pole. It will not trigger very good if the magnet is turned upside down.