Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

"Mirror" a bulldog Lite for dual direct extruder setup

Discussion in 'Bulldog Extruder' started by Oyvind Amundsen, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Oyvind Amundsen

Oyvind Amundsen Member

Hi!
    I have two of Your great Bulldog Lite extruders. First I plan to test my ORD BOT Hadron using single Extruder setup, but the NeXT step is to Upgrade to dual Bulldog Lite extruders.

Is there any info on the steps needed to "Mirror" a Bulldog Lite so they can be mounted symmetrical?

2. Impact

Impact New Member

Hi Oyvind (again ;-) )
    my LITE looks top to bottom symmetrical: 2 different threads on the top, cavity for the hot end, too. I would try to unbolt the aluminium foot (including the fan and mount) and bolt it to the top. This way you can turn the extruder 180 degrees (looking to printers front). Don't forget to change the E1 extruder turning direction from "false" to "true" (right under: #define INVERT_E0_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false)
    For the final touch, take the (STL?) file from here ("ordbot fan mount") into your preferred CAD program, mirror it, melt it together, think about holes for a bolt in the middle and voila: Dual Bulldog LITE extruder mount.

3. Atreidae

Atreidae New Member

I know this question was answered before, But I've just thrown up a video on youtube on how to do this.
    the process is very similar for the Bulldog XL and can be completed in a minute or two. It takes about 5 if you want the logo the right way up.

Video will be up here in an hour or so.