Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

RRD Fan extender - blocks servo pins - does it use them?

Discussion in 'RRD Fan Extender' started by Colin Peart, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Colin Peart

Colin Peart New Member

Does the RRD Fan extender have anything connected to the servo 0 or servo 1 slots (D6, D11) or to the v+ bus shared by the four servo slots? Is there a schematic or board layout image available?

I just upgraded my printer to a dual extruder, and I want to use the RRD extender to drive my cooling fans, but I also want to plug in the servo to drive my auto-level probe. I can solder on a wire tail or something like that if needed to get at the servo pins, but I wanted to know if there are any connections that might effect servo operation.

I tried doing the wire lead soldered off of the pins to my servo, but the servo didn't work: It's possible the servo is dead (or is dead now, at any rate), but I want to rule out misconnections before I replace the servo.

I would like to recommend an update to this product: Extend/duplicate the pins not used by the fan extender, so that servos can be stacked on top, or use a smaller header block so that the unused servo pins are not blocked.