Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Taurino Power and error "mega16u2 dfu"

Discussion in 'Taurino Power' started by RepRapDiscount, Jan 31, 2013.

1. RepRapDiscount

RepRapDiscount Administrator Staff Member

If this error occur this mean that the mega16u2 has no boot loader. Our staff mixed up a batch of flashed boards with empty boards and some of this "empty" boards has been sold. This does not mean that the boards are defective, they are missing the boot loader. Please open a ticket and me or one of my staff will help you out ASAP and AT NO ADDITIONAL COSTS for you

NOTE:
    This problem can only occur for boards sold till 31st of Jan 2013

The buyer can choose between 2 options:

- full refund, and can send the board back to us or to one of our friends, to do so please open a ticket here:
    http://support.reprapdiscount.com

- buyer can flash the missing boot loader if he have the knowledge and a ISP programming tool, in this case we would refund the buyer a 20 usd refund, please open a ticket here and mention this:
    http://support.reprapdiscount.com

Please accept my apologies, but such mistake can happen, i have some new staff, that's it, they need training and they need some time to learn the workflow.

2. luca zabeo

luca zabeo New Member

uhmmm sorry for this ask: When the boot loader mega16u2.dfu is not work?

I have buy the Taurino Power (25 jan), and with arduino program V1.03 i loading the firmware Sprinter (into COM3 with Win 7 Pro 64bit), the result is ok, and led Rx and Tx working.

But i'm NOT connect the Taurino Power at my reprap because i wait the hotend and one motor.

Thanks

Luca

3. RepRapDiscount

RepRapDiscount Administrator Staff Member

than you don't need worry all is okay with your board, but if there will still any problem occur, iam here to help you, don't worry

4. Insyderznf

Insyderznf New Member

Please see ticket 126. I'm up to 7 responses now and neither of the options that are presented in this post have been suggested to me. I would like to simply return the board and get another. I would even settle for returning the board and asking you guys to update the firmware for me.