Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

Taurino Power USB Drivers

Discussion in 'Taurino Power' started by RepRapDiscount, Dec 20, 2012.

1. RepRapDiscount

RepRapDiscount Administrator Staff Member

Download from here the driver for Taurino "Power", in case you have problems with installation please post here

Attached Files:

2. ollie

ollie New Member

Tried to install WIN7. Win says "this device cannot start (code 10) " . After each try you can see one more COM-port in device manager.

3. steven

steven New Member

After installing, I cannot upload sketches to the taruino.

4. RepRapDiscount

try please with another PC, it happens to me, i try to upload sketches wtih one MSI laptop, it failed, same sketch and same board, was no problem with my assus.

5. RepRapDiscount

yes ollie, i got your email, i am really sorry, you have exactly the problem described in this thread:
    http://forum.reprapdiscount.com/threads/taurino-power-and-error-mega16u2-dfu.277/

Since you don't want money back, i will ship you tomorrow a new board and post here the fedex tracking number. Sorry for that and thank you very much for being patient.

6. steven

steven New Member

here is the error I am getting
    "avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail"

7. RepRapDiscount

please check device manager and make a screenshot and attach here, i would like to see the problem

8. steven

steven New Member

nothing is wrong on device manager, at least there doesnt appear to be anything wrong.
    I can download the driver, but any time I try to connect to the board there is an unknown issue and nothing happens
    The on-board led's do not flicker like they did with my old board when I connect

9. steven

steven New Member

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
    avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail

10. BKNJ

BKNJ New Member

Does this board work with Mac OS X Mountain Lion? If so, how do I use it?

11. JonnieZ

JonnieZ New Member

Is there a way to get the Taurino Power working on Mac Os X Mountain Lion and/or on Windows xp 64 bit?

12. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

If you have problem "the system cannot find the file specified" while installing driver on WIN7 this might be in help:

Manually copy usbser.sys from an archive on your PC to drivers folder, if you fail to install.

These archive files open when you click it on an explorer window.
    To see these folders in C:\Windows folder, you may set "folder options"

Windows Vista (x86 32bit)
    - Source of usbser.sys: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\mdmcpq.inf_e99692b4 (archive file)
    - Destination to copy: C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Windows Vista (x64 64bit)
    - Source of usbser.sys: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\mdmcpq.inf_ec18f765 (archive file)

Windows 7 (x86 32bit)
    - Source of usbser.sys: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\mdmcpq.inf_x86_neutral_1b9e317b2982c778 (archive file)

Windows 7 (x64 64bit)
    - Source of usbser.sys: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\mdmcpq.inf_amd64_neutral_9bb71004e7b8f7ae (archive file)

or, as I did, you can find usbser.sy somwhere else.
    You also need to modify TAURINO-ATmega2560.inf as below:

Code:
    [DestinationDirs]
    FakeModemCopyFileSection=12            ; <------ add this line
    DefaultDestDir=12

[DriverInstall.nt]
    include=mdmcpq.inf
    ;; CopyFiles = DriverCopyFiles.nt      ; <------ wrong one: reference to this INF file
    CopyFiles = FakeModemCopyFileSection  ; <------ right one: reference to a section in mdmcpq.inf
    AddReg=DriverInstall.nt.AddReg

;; [DriverCopyFiles.nt]                ; <------ delete these lines
    ;; usbser.sys,,,0x20                  ; <------
    source http://www.microchip.com/forums/m488342.aspx

13. paolo

paolo New Member

In order to get the driver working on Win7 I had to modify the provided TAURINO-ATmega2560.inf file as follows:
    [DeviceList]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_03EB&PID_204B&REV_8888 (instead of REV_6666)
    [DeviceList.NTamd64]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_03EB&PID_204B&REV_8888 (instead of REV_6666)

I think the problem is that my Taurino has a new ID: USB\VID_03EB&PID_204B&REV_8888, instead of the previous USB\VID_03EB&PID_204B&REV_6666

For your complete information, my Taurino also have a second ID: USB\VID_03EB&PID_204B, with no revision specified.
    As a consequence, the following modification was also OK:
    [DeviceList]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_03EB&PID_204B (with no revision specified)
    [DeviceList.NTamd64]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_03EB&PID_204B (with no revision specified)

14. Geoff

Geoff New Member

I cannot get device manager to recognize that the file I downloaded here is the correct driver for my device

15. sunny

sunny New Member

i downloaded "RRD_RUMBA_TAURINO_DriverSetup.exe" complete installation,
    I also downlaoded "TAURINO-ATmega2560.inf" i double click on it, it open as notepad file, how to install it?

I plugs my ramp 1.4 to my computer, my computer said device not install properly...somthing like that.

16. sunny

sunny New Member

After lot of pain, i found that, i have the Code 10 problem. please arrange replacement.

17. MrBlonde

MrBlonde New Member

I have a code 10 error with my Taurino, what is the next step to get a replacement?

18. MrBlonde

MrBlonde New Member

now I am getting USB device not recognizable, before after using the installer for windows the board installed once, not twice and became visible, now is not visible any more. How do I install the drivers?

19. rob.1bmf

rob.1bmf New Member

after installing the drivers, I tried uploading a sketch I get an error
    cant open device "//./com4" :Access is denied
    im running windows 8
    can someone help