Welcome to aurora.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the aurora community.

the pololu need adjustment?

Discussion in 'Taurino Power' started by luca zabeo, Feb 19, 2013.

1. luca zabeo

luca zabeo New Member

Dear All,

i have a ask: The pololu into Taurino Power need Amphere adjustement or not?

If you say yes, this sequence is correct:
    leave all pololu, connect first pololu, and set the Amphere with instruments, or you have a difference mode to set?

tks (and sorry for my poor english) :)

LukeZ

2. pomalin

pomalin Member

I would say yes, because if you watch the potentiometer of the pololus you will see that they're not all at the same position, (for me at least it was like that). As for the ampere, I have strange readings regarding to my knowledge of ramps or gen7, so I adjust like I was adjusting in my first hours of reprapping, with ears and finger, no sound from motors and motors run smooth, and ability to touch the drivers without burning.

3. luca zabeo

luca zabeo New Member

ooooook Thanks very much. :)

I do so: leave all pololu, connect one motor and one pololu, take the amp tester and connect between to power and Taurino, and measure the ampere, off all, leave the pololu, connect other pololu and other motor and measure....

i have to difficult to remove a pololu to Taurino Power, it's seems glued. :)

I think use 400mha for Y (two motor) and Extruder, and 200mha for X and Z.

LukeZ

4. pomalin

pomalin Member

two motors on Y ? don't you want to say Z ? And for the reading, tell me if you have good ones, because, prehaps I do something wrong, but where I had 0.4 on other boards, I just can have 11.60 or so on this board, and on another board I have on a another machine (gen7) so .........

5. luca zabeo

luca zabeo New Member

oopsss sorry axis Z... :)

i see this Spain video, the board is 1.3 but the difference with 1.4 (and the Taurino board), i think, it's minimal, i hope...

and i read into Spain forum:
    • Mover el potenciĆ³metro hasta que la corriente del motor sea de 200mA.
    • Apagar la fuente. Sacar el pololu y conectar otro, para ajustar la corriente del eje Y, tambiĆ©n a 200mA
    • La corriente del eje z la ajustaremos a 400mA
    • La corriente del extrusor la ajustaremos a 400mA

6. pomalin

pomalin Member

yes same thing for me (the video) like I said, on my other boards, ramps 1.3, ramps 1.4, megatronics 1.0, gen7, except the last gen7 I ran, and the ramps 1.4 with taurino power, but it must be my fault, and I can adjust like I say with ears and finger, so .....

7. luca zabeo

luca zabeo New Member

thank for reply, i ending to setting the pololu now... i leave all pololu and, one by one, i read the mV and set 0.28 V for all...
    Vref = 0.7 * 8 * 0.05 = 0.280V

now, the firmware is load, the pololu is ok, uhmmm the command for lcd display i insert into program Arduino to config.h? :)

Cheers

Luca

p.s. Pomalin: the img of yor avatar it's similar at graphics ZX Spectrum ...-)

8. pomalin

pomalin Member

what firmware do you use ? if it's marlin v1 find the line to enable reprapdiscount smart controller at almost the end of the configuration.h

my avatar is oric atmos graphics ;)

9. luca zabeo

luca zabeo New Member

in Italy, my friend suggest the Sprinter, because the perimeter and the printing is more precisely... but the command is same... uhmm i read now the firmware Marlin support the SDreader and LCD... no problem i change firmware, i have yet save the config.h and the motor calibration.

(oooh...i miss the Oric Atmos into my collection, it's very expensive to find in Italy)

10. asigraph

asigraph New Member